Happy Birthday & stuff.

Today is my birthday.

I might have shed a few tears over turning 28. I get super nostalgic about my birthday and I somehow end up in tears every year. It's not a bad thing ... and I don't feel an overwhelming sense of urgency to get things done as long as I enjoy doing them. I just get ahead of myself & overwhelmed in my own head.

That's beside the point. My birthday has been pretty good so far.

Husband asked if I had any requests for my birthday and my response?

Black Sheep Cafe
Facial
BACON

He took the bacon thing literally and I woke up to breakfast in bed with a plate of bacon, a chocolate chip muffin & some cereal. That man, he is too good to me.

He also worked up a giant cupcake, reservations at the requested restaurant, & a facial/massage with my BFF for tomorrow morning.



Since I had to "work" today, BFF showed up with lunch and I've been keeping myself busy making a birthday bucket list of 29 things I hope to accomplish in the next year. Every year it gets difficult to think up new things to do. I tend to keep my standards pretty low overall and try to choose things I haven't done, but have always been curious about.

Don't get me wrong -- some of the things on the list are easy (most of them), but the challenging ones, those will definitely challenge me and I'm excited to see where the next year will take me. I definitely don't feel old enough to be 28, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment