Summer Lovin'.

I feel like no matter how hard I try to slow down and get a grasp on life this summer, it all seems to be slipping away far too quickly. It's been a great summer full of love and lots of adjustments to married life. A lot of the summer was lived outdoors camping, swimming, hiking, playing. It has been our most adventurous summer, by far. I'm sad to see it all leave so soon exchanged for books and cooler weather. I've been determined to make this first year of marriage a very memorable one.

We spent the evening yesterday at an Aereo event followed by a walk around downtown Salt Lake City. I'm convinced I would love living downtown being able to walk & ride my bike everywhere (and hang out at Harmon's grocery store). Kent is only convinced that it's possible if I decide to get my master's degree at the U. If I get accepted to a school in Portland, I'm sure it might be just as possible.

I forgot my camera & phone at home during our little excursion, so we made due with Kent's phone, explored back alleys with graffiti, noted which restaurants we'd like to try next, and made mental notes of all the adventures we have yet to plan/execute before the summer is through and we're stuck in our tiny basement apartment while it snows outside. So far, there are at least 8 things to do on that list.







No comments:

Post a Comment